Steps in the procedure for protecting the rights and interests of financial services consumers
- The consumer files a complaint with the financial service provider;
- The financial service provider replies to the complaint within 15 days (or 30 days in case of a VPF management company);
- If the consumer is dissatisfied with the service provider’s reply or if the reply was not sent within the prescribed timeframe, the consumer may file a complaint with the NBS and/or a mediation proposal;
- The NBS asks the service provider to comment on the allegations from the complaint and/or state its position on the mediation proposal;
- The NBS informs the consumer of the findings in relation to the complaint no later than three months following the day of its receipt and/or implements an urgent and confidential mediation procedure.
The NBS complaint procedure/mediation procedure is free of charge.
- Consumer complaint against a bank filed to the NBS (Note: all other complaints are completed in a similar way – by selecting the relevant template, depending on the type of the service provider)
- Notification on findings in relation to the complaint (in case of complaint against a bank) sent by the NBS to the consumer
- Mediation proposal (when filed by the consumer).