A person interested in obtaining certificate for performing exchange operations is required to submit to the NBS the Application for training and acquisition of certificate for the performance of exchange operations.
The following documents are submitted along with the application:
- copy of ID card or a scan reading of ID card with a chip;
- certified copy of evidence of at least secondary education;
- certificate showing that the applicant has not been convicted of a criminal offence against the economy, property, life and body, public order, official duty and legal transactions, criminal offences of money laundering or terrorism financing and/or other criminal offences (a certificate of the Ministry of the Interior that this person has not been convicted of these offences) or a commercial offence which would make the person ineligible for performing exchange operations (a certificate of the commercial court competent for the territory where the applicant resides that this person has not been convicted of a commercial offence by a final judgement);
- evidence of the paid fee of RSD 10,720 for the costs of attending the training and issuing the certificate to perform exchange operations in accordance with the Decision on Uniform Fees Charged for Services Provided by the National Bank of Serbia – fee under Tariff number 2, Tariff item 25 of that Decision, to the account of the National Bank of Serbia – Department for FX Matters and Foreign Credit Relations No 980-737-56, reference number 9-020025-MBR/JMBG;
- evidence of payment of the republic administrative fee under tariff numbers 1 and 9 Section A Republic Administrative Fees Tariff of the Law on Republic Administrative Fees in the amount of RSD 900.00, account number 840-742221843-57, model 97.
The NBS recommends that the natural person should pay for the costs of training attendance and certificate issuance (from Section 4) on the day it submits the application for training and acquisition of certificate for the performance of exchange operations along with the documents prescribed.
The NBS organises and delivers training in performance of exchange operations, assesses knowledge acquired in training and issues certificates for the performance of exchange operations.
A single training programme for the performance of exchange operations covers regulations governing more detailed conditions and manner of the performance of exchange operations and regulations governing conditions and manner of the supervision of exchange operations.
This is a one-day training, as a rule, organised on a monthly basis, on the first Wednesday in a month, in Belgrade, in the NBS business premises. The training may be attended by maximum 200 hundred applicants in a month.
The information on timing and place of training delivery and the list of applicants who submitted duly completed applications are published on the NBS website at least three days before the training delivery. The exam results are also published on the NBS website within ten days from the date of the certification exam.
An applicant who passed the exam will be awarded the certificate within 30 days from the day of the publication of the results.
An applicant who did not attend the training for justified reasons (illness, etc.) may submit to the NBS a reasoned request in writing and ask for the paid fee to be valid for the next examination term, delivering the appropriate evidence, three days following the training delivery date at the latest.
An applicant who did not pass the exam may apply once more to attend the training in order to acquire certificate without the need to pay again the fee within 180 days from the day of the release of the exam results.
Information concerning the performance of exchange operations, the issuance and revoking of authorisations to perform exchange operations, and the acquisition of certificates for the performance of exchange operations can be requested from the NBS, Department for FX Matters and Foreign Credit Relations, Division for Supervision of FX and Exchange Operations, Unit for Supervision of Exchange Operations in Belgrade and Group for Supervision of Exchange Operations in Novi Sad, Niš and Kragujevac.
Training for acquiring certificates
- List of applicants for training and acquisition of certificates for the performance of exchange operations
- List of applicants who passed the certification exam
- Presentation of training for acquiring certificates for the performance of exchange operations